Sunday, January 11, 2009

A vision

So, the other day (Wednesday January 7, 2009) Barbie and I called Crossroads Church to see how much support had come in for us during the month of December; With the outreach phase of the DTS approaching quickly and the lack of finances we had, we were starting to get a little concerned. After talking to the church accountant, we were slightly taken aback at the news that the month of December had brought in zero dollars.
There has always been a part of me that has not wanted to do this outreach, for reasons other than finances, so this seemed like a bigger reason not to go.
Feeling really confused and anxious, Barbie and I decided to fast from dinner that night to seek God about what we were supposed to do. We stayed in our room and put on some worship music and began to seek the Lord.
About thirty minutes had passed, I was laying on the bed face down praying, when I started to have a vision.
In this vision I was laying face down in a desert that was dry and the ground was cracked up. Suddenly I was picked up by a figure, that I think was a demon; He picked me up and began slapping me in the face over and over. Then it seemed to zoom out from that place and that whole scenario became a thought in the form of an arrow that bounced off the armor that I was now wearing. Then the vision went back to the start and I was lying there on the cracked ground again. The same thing happened. Again the figure came and picked me up. I knew it was going to start slapping me, so when it went to take the first hit, I blocked it and punched the demon in the face. My punch was like a super punch and it sent the thing flying and I mean like flying! Then I went and walked to where the demon landed, and there was another one! As it came at me, I punched it also, and it flew off a huge cliff that was close to me. Then I walked up to the cliff and looked over it; It was a huge chasm. As I looked, I felt another attack coming from behind. I looked back just in time to see something dive at me to try and take me over the cliff. I ducked and the thing flew over the cliff. Returning to my feet I began looking around, and as I looked I saw on the horizon a throne on a hill. As soon as I saw the throne I began running toward it. As I ran I noticed that there were figures lining the trail. I was running so fast that I was knocking them over. When I arrived at the throne I was met by Jesus, but I could only see his legs for he was so HUGE! All I could see were his feet and lower legs. Then he reached down and picked me up and embraced me in his arms. I felt so small in the arms of Jesus even though in this vision I was a big guy. I then heard Jesus say to me “Well done, good and faithful servant.” He hugged me and then lowered me to the ground again. After he released me, I started walking down some stairs. Then, out of nowhere, a door appeared before me and I knew that I was suppose to walk through it. As I got closer to the door I noticed that on the door a word was written; It said “OUTREACH”.

Praise God for speaking!
I am totally convinced that we are supposed to do this outreach regardless of finances. God WILL provide. We are called to obedience and I want to do what God wants us to do regardless of what it looks like in the natural. Jesus is Lord.

No comments: