Saturday, December 20, 2008

Spiritual War

This happened about three weeks ago. I’m falling behind on the events.
John Knoch is the base leader of the Eagles Nest Ranch YWAM. He is married and has three kids; His wife’s name is Janna, and their children are David, Joshua and Sarah, very biblical names. One day, John got a call from one of his mentors who resides in California. He tells John about a dream he had the night before. In his dream, John dies in a car accident and they went to his funeral. Kind of a scary type dream, but it is good that the person had the courage to tell John about it. So, that night, John tells all of the staff and students about his dream and we all come together and pray. John told us that most time vehicles are in dreams they relate to ministries. So we prayed for safety and also for blessing in there ministry out at the ranch. Two days pass, nothing really happens. On the following Saturday that we went into Medicine Hat to do some community service/ministry, we arrived back at the ranch to hear that Janna had been in a car accident! No joke. Some people began to tell us how Janna was taking her three kids in to town and ended up sliding on some ice then gripping the road again and rolling her vehicle. Amazingly, and totally by the grace of God, she and her three kids walked away with out any injury. And I mean nothing. Janna said that she broke a nail, but that’s it. I actually saw the vehicle and it was pretty bad. It was a miracle that they were ok.
Janna shared with the students what had happened and how the family had stood together after it had happened and laughed in the face of the devil. It was pretty crazy.
After writing something like this I have to ask my self Coincidence? I think not. For John’s mentor to have a dream like that and then for this to happen is more that coincidence, and it has impacted me to ask God to speak to me in my dream life. Now I’m not a shake and bake charismatic type, I am charismatic with a seat belt and on a side note: it sucks that the word “Charismatic” has a bad reputation because in the Greek it means: Grace Gift, which we all have. But now more than ever, I want God to speak to me in all ways that he wants to and I want to submit my dream life to him and be open to all the gifts of God no matter how freaky they look.

No comments: